Ms. Jackson represents a diverse group of clients with legal needs in the areas of corporate, administrative, real estate and regulatory law. Ms. Jackson has successfully represented clients in the DC Superior Court, US District Court for the District of Columbia, Court of Appeals, and American Arbitration Association.
She also has extensive experience in providing legal assistance to emerging businesses and advising clients on regulatory compliance. Most notably, Ms. Jackson has a number of accomplishments in litigation and is most proud of the fact that she has successfully obtained millions of dollars for victims of premises liability cases in the District of Columbia and has fought hard against companies to have her clients' voices heard.
Ms. Jackson was one of the co-founders of Baylor & Jackson PLLC. She represented a variety of large municipal and corporate clients. Based on the variety of her legal practice, she was able to provide cutting edge solutions with aggressive and innovative litigation. Ms. Jackson was also an attorney at the Federal Election Commission (FEC). At the FEC, she worked on United States Presidential, Senatorial, and Congressional campaign finance issues, including but not limited to, Gore 2000, Inc., McCain 2000, and 1996 Dole/Kemp. Prior to her position at the Federal Election Commission, Dawn Jackson worked for the Honorable Henry H. Kennedy, Jr. at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
Currently, Ms.Jackson is not barred in the state of Maryland.
Disclaimer: Each case is different and the outcome of past cases is not an assurance of success in achieving a favorable result in any future case.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Law
- Premise Liability
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia, 2000
- Howard University School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2000
- University of Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
- B.A., English Writing - 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of The National Black Lawyers- Top 100
- National Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Hearing Officer, Prince Georges County, Maryland
Past Employment Positions
- Baylor & Jackson, PLLC, Co-Managing Member, 2002 to 2011
- Federal Election Commission, Attorney, 1999 to 2002
- Honorable Henry H. Kennedy, Jr., United States District Court for the District of Columbia