- Of Counsel
Pam has an extensive background representing and defending clients in a variety of civil, employment, business and family disputes in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. She has a unique background which includes working in management and executive level positions in human resources; representing both management and labor in labor/management disputes and labor negotiations, employment disputes in the private and federal sector, personal injury, federal contracting disputes, family law, and premises liability.
Pam enjoys the current balance in her practice of employment/labor law and general civil litigation. Her employment law practice focuses primarily on representing plaintiffs in private and federal sector discrimination claims, unpaid wages, minimum wage and overtime litigation, failure to accommodate, wrongful termination, breach of contract, FMLA, ADEA, ADA, and violation of other federal regulations.
Before joining Jackson & Associates, Pam most recently worked in an executive-level Human Resources position for a major health care system in the DMV. Having had the opportunity to represent both management and employees, Pam has gained an ideally unique perspective of what is important to each “side”. In her career, Pam also has had the distinct opportunity to clerk for judges in both appellate courts in Maryland.
Although a native of Colorado, where she still has ties, Pam has spent her adult life in the greater Washington area. She received her undergraduate degree from Howard University and her juris doctor degree from the University of Maryland School of Law.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Family Law/Divorce
- Employment Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Senior Professional Human Resources
- Senior Professional Human Resources - SCP
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- Howard University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: English
Past Employment Positions
- MSH, Inc, VP, Human Resources
- Baylor & Jackson, PLLC
- Law Office of Pamela L. Ashby, LLC
- Union Memorial Hospital, VP, Human Resources
- Greater Southeast Community Hospital, Director, Human Resources
- Washington Hospital Center, Director, Legal Support/Policies & Practices
- Maryland Court of Appeals, Law Clerk
- Maryland Court of Special Appeals, Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- The Women's Law Center of Maryland