Ms. Sims represents a diverse group of clients with legal needs in the areas of contract, corporate and administrative law litigation. Ms Sims has successfully represented clients in the Circuit Court for Prince George's County, Circuit Court for Baltimore City, the Circuit Court for Hartford County, Circuit Court for Baltimore County, Circuit Court for Montgomery County, and Circuit Court for Charles County.
While at Jackson & Associates Law Firm, Ms. Sims has acted as lead attorney in all aspects of civil litigation, including defining and directing litigation strategy goals, objectives, critical success factors, and risks. She has won numerous trials and motions for summary judgment as a result. Ms. Sims has extensive knowledge researching and evaluating case law pertaining to premise liability and contract disputes.
Prior to her position at the Jackson & Associates Law Firm, Ms. Sims worked as an associate representing clients in a number of civil matters, including but not limited to, business and real estate law. Additionally, she has worked as a Financial Analyst for the D.C. Office of Finance and Treasury.
Areas Of Practice
- Administrative Law Litigation
- Maryland, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2013
- Howard University School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 05/2009
- Howard University, Washington, District of Columbia
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 05/2005
- Major: Economics
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Prince George's County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Baylor & Jackson, PLLC, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2010
- Odelugo & Johnson, LLC, Law Clerk, 05/2009 to 09/2009
- D.C. Office of Finance and Treasury, Financial Analyst
Pro Bono Activities
- American Mock Trial Association - Volunteer Judge, 2012 to Present
- Community Legal Services of Prince George's County, Inc. - Volunteer Attorney, 06/2011 to 08/2011
- Tess Community Center - Attorney Resource Advisor, 09/2010 to 11/2010